It offers technological support covering a wide range of areas, the most important and frequent of which are:
• Development of simulation models and optimisation of gas system operation
• Development of natural gas demand prediction models in different scenarios and time horizons
• Development of R&D and innovation projects applied to the natural gas business
• Study and modelling of the behaviour of natural gas and LNG
• Certification of equipment and instruments
• Safety in gas infrastructure design and operation
• Development of models to reduce the impact of hypothetical gas leaks
• Comparative studies of alternatives for natural gas odorisation
• Technological support in obtaining samples and calculating the physical properties of natural gas and LNG
• Technical support, studies and training in specific areas
• Measurement of natural gas: volume and energy
• Determining the quality and physical properties of natural gas
• Analysis and study of composition of natural gas
In the latter cases, Enagás has enlarged and upgraded the facilities and equipment of the Zaragoza Central Laboratory. Investments have led to the recent start-up of the High-pressure Meter Lab (LACAP). This lab, one of the few of its kind in the world, places Enagás among the leaders in terms of accuracy when measuring transported gas volumes. The lab obtained ENAC accreditation in February 2011.
More than 20 individuals work full-time at the Enagás Centre in Zaragoza, most of them highly-qualified technicians with proven experience. They include the bulk of the company’s R&D and innovation project managers, who also provide technical support services to other areas of the organisation.
Enagás makes its entire catalogue of services and capabilities available to both the Spanish and international gas industries.